Conversation between Jane Austen and Mary Shelley

Hello readers!

Welcome to my world. Here I am going to present on video regarding conversation between two women novelist Jane Austen and Mary Shelley. This is a group task given by Vaidehi ma'am. So me and Virani Dhara in group. She is Mary Shelley and I am Jane Austen. 

  • Two fantastic Duo of the Romantic Age :





This blog is about conversation between two romantic era's writer Jane Austen and Mary Shelley. 



( Talk on mobile phone)

Mary Shelley : Hello !! Can I talk with Jane Austen.

Jane Austen : Yes, of course I am Jane Austen.

Mary Shelley : Ok , I am really fascinated about your thoughts regarding your writing. So I want to know more about your life and work.

Jane Austen : Ok! But if you have no problem then can we arrange our meeting at my home?

Mary Shelley : Ok No problem. I will come at your home.

( Mary and Shelley meet at home )

Jane Austen : Welcome dear Mary. I am very happy to see.

Mary Shelley : I am also , thank you.

Jane Austen : Now a days you are famous for your grand work Frankenstein. Congratulations for that.

Mary Shelley : Thank you.

Jane Austen : Why did you written Frankenstein and what is your view about Monster?

Mary Shelley : So the first reason behind it. That lead me to write Frankenstein is that one sad occasion of the death of my first child Willy. Whom I had thoughts about restoring to life. And additionally that I belong to the era of scientific exploration and biological experimentation.

  Because I would like to write about gothic fiction so in this work Frankenstein Monster play a vital role.

Jane Austen : Ok that's a great work. So what is your next plan for your work. As we know that your work is science fiction. So your following work also about genre of science fiction ?

Mary Shelley : Ya.. Now I am interested to write science fiction or you know create horror and gothic type of atmosphere in my novels.

So my next work is the last man that is based on science fiction.  And others novel like Lodore, Falkner, Mathilda.

I have also questioned of your work like you are famous as a modern novelist. How you portray your character and setting in the novel.

Jane Austen : Basically in my novel you find that setting is Bath and London. In my novel you find many characters that  is minor landed Gentry, the country clergy,  the villagers, the neighborhood and also the country town man that I noticed occasionally.

Mary Shelley : I really fascinated on your great work pride and prejudice. So want to know about your work in your own words.

Jane Austen : In my literary career , I wrote many novels like that Sense and sensibility, Emma, Mansfield's park, Northanger Abbey etc. Also I would like to talk in Pride and Prejudice. That is the romantic story, it centres turbulent relationship between Elizabeth Bennet and Darcy. This novel has been criticised for lack of historical context.


In the title also we can find that the thing is the word pride is for Darcy and the word Prejudice is for Elizabeth Bennet.

Mary Shelley : which type of incidents and situation you mentioned in your novels? Please tell me.

Jane Austen : Specially in my novel I take a situation and incidents  that is romantic but in an ironic way. And incidents are like public and semi- public events, assemblies balls, super parties, country house gatherings.

Mary Shelley : That's a great technique of your writing. Now I think we should leave. Bye take care your health. 

Jane Austen : Good bye, dear Mary.

Thank you....

1 Comments

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post